Thursday, May 29, 2008

Missing Mom

I miss my phone ringing off the wall everyday....My Mom went to Scotland to visit her family, she will have been gone for 5 weeks on Tuesday. That is a very long time for her to be away from us. I realized how even though sometimes I get frustrated that she calls me all the time to check on me, I really miss her calling. My phone hardly rings when Mom is not around and man I hate it! I miss her so much!! As a matter of fact Shalene and I just said this weekend that we couldn't wait for her to come home. I know that she is having a good time in Scotland visiting family and friends. I got an email from her yesterday, My Aunt May and Mom had just returned from Ireland where they visited my Uncle Tom on his mission! I would love to be able to go to Scotland and Ireland one day, if I ever have the money! I would love to learn all about where my Mom is from and meet relatives that I have yet to meet. I hear that it is beautiful there, Dad just came back from Scotland and he cried showing us pictures of Scotland cause he said it is just amazing. I would also love to got to Ireland to see where my Dad served his mission, we have heard so many funny stories that came from there. So on Tuesday I look forward to my phone ringing again except this time I will not take the calls for granted anymore.....I love you Mom!

5 comments:

Analee said...

I can just imagine how much you miss your mom. How awesome that she is getting to visit family. I thought your uncle was serving right in his hometown, evidentally that changed??? I want to go to scotland some day too, heck I want to go to Greece and Northern France and Ireland and.....So glad you love your mom so much. Hey, start a blog for her that all she has to do is start posting. She could post all her vacation photos to start with!

Amy said...

So fun for her!!! And for you that she is coming home with a suitecase full of chocolates!

Bowlby Family Organazation said...

tomorrow is the BIG day, and i think i will get to see her first!! na, na, na, na!! love you!

Janine said...

Hal said not to eat all his candy. He is really looking forward to it. We all need to go over there together one day, how great would that be.

Breeana said...

I asuume she is home by now, but what an awesome adventure! Also, I tagged you - so hope you have fun with it.